Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Travel's A Curse

I'm getting a passport finally, and I'm just now realizing I should be documenting the entire process, because it's entirely ridiculous. Another of those real-life occurences that are inherently funny, once you get over the initial annoyance. Not only do you need to provide six separate things when you apply, you have to pay almost $100 now. But not all to one person or group, that would be far too easy. There are three different charges that have to be paid to at least two different organizations. That is, after you've filled out the application form, which could take days if you don't have all the right information on hand. Fortunately, all of that was easy for me, and I filled it out on my computer here and printed it all out. Now I just have to get two color pictures, 2" x 2", with my head between 1" and 1 3/8".
At least the whole process isn't strictly regulated.
Moving on, some of you may have noticed that my buddy Clayton hasn't been paying much attention to his blog lately. I feel as if we should start an online petition to get him to resume his daily posts, as they were always a good time. This petition should probably be in the form of mass comments on his latest post, which you can check out by using the "Clay" link on the right. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you, together we can make a difference, etc.
Feel free to also bombard joystickwhale@gmail.com with ideas for our show, whatever they may be. We're completely open to ideas, criticism, praise, you name it. We get all excited when we see a name in the inbox that ISN'T one of our own. Make sure you let us know who to thank for the info you leave, so we can credit you with it. We're very open to that sort of thing, just look at the credits on our show.
I have big plans to see March of the Penguins today, ever since I read an Awake! article on them a few months ago. I tell you, those guys are always a step ahead. The movie is at the Regal now, so I'll be checking out a matinee this afternoon, and I'll try to remember to post some thoughts on the experience. I really hope it lives up to the hype.
Now I'm off to find out who I have to make these cursed fees payable to. And don't worry, I'm sure the documentary will continue, as these things never go as smoothly as they're not really designed to go anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home